Monday, March 07, 2005

Well, I guess it's not Captain Trips

So, I stayed home from work today because of this freaky little bug that moved in on me at some point yesterday afternoon. Nausea (but not to the point of porcelain worship, praise Jebus), lethargy, achiness, etc. Even my hair hurts. Gah. The damn thing probably snuck up on me while I was distracted by that incredible showdown at Doral, which was pretty much your textbook example of an instant classic. (For an example from another sport, feel free to check out the 2005 Capital One Bowl. Go Hawks!)

I'm not complaining, though, because:

  • it feels like I'm over the hump - I guess spending the day on my ass wrapped in a blanket and drinking apple juice did the trick;
  • I had the chance to set this blog up, which I had thought might have to wait until after my upcoming move;
  • I got to watch the Cubs' first televised appearance of the spring, a 9-4 drubbing of the Texas Rangers, which started my viewing for the year off on the right foot;
  • that Phil-Tiger matchup was almost worth getting the funk to begin with.

It does mean that I'll have to work longer days for the rest of the week if I want a full paycheck next week, and maybe even work a few hours on Saturday, but that's ok too. I mean, when you work in the world's most funnest used bookstore, it's not like being there is something you dread. "Oh, woe is me, forced to spend all this time amidst two million books, half a million comics, thousands of CDs and DVDs and videos, and boxes upon boxes full of hidden treasure." Yeah, that really sucks.

2 Comments:

At March 08, 2005 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where ya been all my life, Toddy?

Oh, and I'm way cooler than you. I gots me tickets to the July 2nd Cubs game against the Washington Nationals (or whatever the hell they're called). Nyah nyah.

Hope you're feeling back to normal in no time....

^_~

 
At March 09, 2005 1:18 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, ladies. I had a bit of a relapse today (due mostly to not being able to sleep last night because I slept too much Sunday and Monday), but I'll get there.

Oh, and Kristen - you suck. But I love ya anyway. :op

 

Post a Comment

<< Home