Saturday, February 18, 2006

It snowed!

Well, no, it really didn't. We got about an inch. There was a time when I wouldn't have even noticed such a wimpy little dusting, but when you live in Tulsa you don't quite get the awesome snowfall amounts that I fell in love with as a child in Iowa. You have to take what you can get. But you can't sled on it, you can't make snow angels in it, and a snowman or a snowball fight are totally out of the question (and even if there was enough on the ground to make it worthwhile, it's too cold outside and hence the snow's not right for it anyway). So it's hard to be excited about it. Especially since I have to venture out for some groceries this afternoon, because a) people in Tulsa lose their freakin' minds when there's snow/ice and drive even worse than they usually do, and b) they also seem to think that it's going to last forever, so I'm sure that some of the things I need like eggs and milk and bread will be completely sold out. Bastards. How the hell am I supposed to make French Toast?

Iowa-Minnesota in 20 minutes. Go Hawks.

(updated at 5:45) Minnesota 74, Iowa 61... see? What did I tell you would happen as soon as I decided this basketball team was for real? I hate being right all the time.

1 Comments:

At February 21, 2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

was in springfield over the weekend- same thing happened. 2 inches of snow and traffic came to a grinding halt. my sister freaked out ("these roads are so slick!") but refused to let me, the snow queen from the great white north, drive in snow would have made the weather report here as "mild flurries".
bupid stitches.
-templeton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home