Sunday, April 10, 2005

busy busy busy

And I thought things would get back to normal once the move was done! Silly me.

Not that I'm complaining, really, because a lot of the busy busy busy has been fun. For instance, a couple of the greatest guys you could ever hope to meet came down from Springfield on Thursday for the Cake show and then crashed here for the night before heading back. Hey Carl and Ryan! It was freakin' great to see you both. And Gary and I apologize for not being able to pull ourselves out of our respective beds at the crack of dawn on Friday to see you off. We're getting old, I guess, because 6:30 AM comes a lot earlier than it used to - especially when we were up until almost 4:00 the night "before." ^_^

Let's see, what else has been happening? I bought the last new bookcase I needed and got my library put back together and re-organized. I took the old stereo shelves I've been using as a sort-of entertainment center (console TVs, in addition to being annoying because they're super heavy, are also annoying because you can't use a real entertainment center with one) and added another shelf and a new back to it so that it can hold everything it needs to and look good while doing so. I'm about halfway through the long and arduous process of cataloguing my DVDs, which I put off for way too long. I did a little comic shopping with some unexpected bank money, filled a few holes in the collection (did I mention I found a Giant-Sized X-Men #1 at a garage sale a few weeks ago for $5 that's worth about $600 based on its condition? w00t!) and then finally got all of my comics completely in order - the cataloguing and rebagging, however, is another matter entirely. I've spent a good deal of time at Target, partially because I've needed to pick up a lot of stuff and partially because Target is just plain cool and it's nice to live really close to one and thus be able to completely ignore the existence of Wal-Mart.

And so on and so forth. But my to do list has finally become tiny, and today there's absolutely nothing meaningful on the agenda. Even if there was, it would be ignored, because it's the final day of the Masters and my ass isn't straying too far from my couch until the last shot has been played. I'd love to see Phil pull another one out, but this tournament is looking more and more like Tiger's. Seven straight birdies during his third round at Augusta, including birdieing Amen Corner? That's just sick. He's not human, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home