Wednesday, May 18, 2005

just some stuff

The season finale of Smallville was tonight, and I was excited about that all week (and it lived up to my hopes, oh yes it did). I won't throw any spoilers out there for it, in case anyone reading this who watches the show hasn't gotten around to seeing it yet, but I thought it was freakin' awesome and I'm so totally mad that now I have to wait months and months to find out what the funk is going on.

Revenge of the Sith! This weekend! Yay!

I got a larger check from the bank than I had expected, somehow, and so I'm thinking about maybe throwing part of that free money at some Samurai Champloo DVDs. If you're not watching it on adult swim, well, you should be. You should be watching just about everything on adult swim, for that matter. I think I've told you that before. What are you waiting for? Although I'll forgive you if you just kinda skip over Tom Goes to the Mayor, which annoys me and annoys me and annoys me until I want to break things with hammers.

Or I could get a couple more Godzilla DVDs instead, keep filling out the few holes in my collection and replacing my VHS copies. Hmm. Maybe holding off for a while on Samurai Champloo is a better idea, as I already have some upcoming box set purchases planned (like season 1 of Lost and season 4 of Smallville and season 2 of Carnivale and more Simpsons and a couple more X-Files seasons and and and...). It doesn't pay to get too far behind, and I'm ridiculously behind on my DVD viewing as it is.

Speaking of my DVDs, if you're interested in perusing the current state of my collection, feel free to drop in over at DVD Aficionado and check it out any time. I still have some organization to do, but at least all the titles are finally there. Yeesh. Anyway, it'll pretty much be constantly updated, since now that I have it done the last thing I want to do is screw it all up by adding a bunch of new DVDs to my shelves without cataloguing them first.

Good Lord, I am such an entertainment junkie. And I haven't even mentioned the Ben Folds/Rufus Wainwright/Ben Lee concert tickets I bought the other day, or a couple of my cool recent book purchases, or my comics, or... gah. Just so you don't think that all I do is hang out in my house and play escapist, I'm also 1) going golfing this weekend, and 2) in the midst of co-planning a Memorial Day Weekend Float/Camping Trip Dealiebop. See? I'm not a total couch potato!

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2005 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm gonna see Ben F. and Rufus up here too... Can't wait, should be a good show. And it's only $15. Super deal. Enjoy!

 
At May 20, 2005 5:52 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Ravinia? That's a cool place to see a show, you should have a blast. And don't let Katie hear you talk about how cheap your tix were... (mine were twice that, but still worth it ^_^)

 
At May 20, 2005 10:06 PM, Blogger Hank said...

OMG! You have more DVDs then us?! That can't be possible!! I'm slacking off!!!

http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/ahsv64

Hank

 
At May 20, 2005 10:10 PM, Blogger Hank said...

WTF. It turns out I have an acct at DVD Aficionado, too. I have no memory of setting that up, and it's a bit out of date. But still.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?id=ahsv64

 

Post a Comment

<< Home