Thursday, August 11, 2005

woof

I want a dog. I absolutely need another cute/handsome furry thing to hang out with. I could get one, too, financially and apartmentally and so on, but the thing I hang up on is my roomie's kids. I mean, I know there are plenty of great dogs just hanging out in shelters needing to be saved, but I really want a puppy again. And I'm not sure about how that would all work out, having to housebreak and train a new little furball with a couple of rambunctious toddlers visiting for a couple-few days every other week. Would they get along with the dog? Would the dog get along with them? What if one of the kiddoes ends up being allergic? Yadda yadda yadda. Right now it's not an urgent need - although it's slowly getting stronger - so I guess we'll just have to see what we see. *shrug*

And in completely unrelated news, it's always nice to do that to the Cards no matter how much the Cubs may suck. w00t.

3 Comments:

At August 11, 2005 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I want a dog SO badly. I would love a puppy too, but any dog would do... That's why I started volunteering at the animal shelter. I thought that would give me ample doggy-time, and I would be satisfied with that, but it's only made me want one MORE. But I'm just not home enough to devote the kind of time needed to be a good doggy mommy. (sigh) Some day.

Why not take the kids along with you to the shelter to test it out? The shelter would probably even be willing to let you take the dog home for a day or two to see if its a good match.

 
At August 17, 2005 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um.....okay.

 
At August 18, 2005 7:41 PM, Blogger Todd said...

My sentiments exactly. wuh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home