Monday, August 01, 2005

More language silliness

MSNBC says that "babies born at night are at least 12 percent more likely to die, according to a new U.S. study."

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all babies have a 100% chance of dying? And yes, I read the article, and yes, I saw that it went on to more clearly define what this study said (in case you dinna follow the linkie, I'll tell you that these babies have a 12-16% higher rate of "neonatal mortality," which means death within 28 days of birth). But still. A vague opening statement like this is completely ridiculous coming from a professional writer/reporter. I swear, at the present rate of decline, in a couple of hundred years (if that) everyone in this country is going to speak and write like Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel. Some folk'll never lose a toe, and then again some folk'll...

ION, the bank is still offering free gifts to people who get their friends high. Snicker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home