Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Love, Supernegro

So I'm pricing books at work, like twenty seconds ago, and I come across a book called "Civil War Curiosities." I open it up to write our price on the first white page, because that's how things work 'round these parts, and I notice this blurb on the jacket:

"FACT: Enough tactical material has been published about the Civil War to fill endless rows of shelves."

And I laugh, because that's stupid. Someone needs to get on the horn to Mr. Webb Garrison and tell him just what "endless" means. But that's not what prompted this post. No, what prompted this post was the note I noticed on the inside of the front cover as I was laughing about the blurb - a note I probably never would have read had the blurb itself not broken my rhythm (I was totally getting my price on, ya know). In its entirety, it reads:

"I saw this book and thought of you, my Vietnamese Princess. Thank you for being such an awesome friend... and more.
Love, Supernegro
P.S. Let's see Whitey White Pants top this."

I so want to know the story behind all this. But I never will. Sigh.

OK, back to work. Don't tell the boss.

3 Comments:

At February 28, 2006 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, that's gold. solid gold.

 
At February 28, 2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Innit, tho? I even hung on to the book, although history (at least from the last few hundred years) is about as interesting to me as... well, everything else there is that I find completely uninteresting. It'll probably just sit on my desk for all eternity. But how could I put the Supernegro edition of "Civil War Curiosities" up for sale? I couldn't, that's how.

 
At March 01, 2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is great. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home